Today we’re talking to Jason Harrison of Present Tense Fitness. Jason is a personal trainer and lifestyle coach, and since you know that we love to occasionally geek out about fitness—especially when it parallels the journey of creatives—we’re going to be talking to him about fitness, lifestyle, and being a creative entrepreneur.
1. This episode of Being Boss is brought to you by Freshbooks. Get your free trial here.
2. This episode of Being Boss is also brought to you by Acuity scheduling. Sign up for your free trial here.
3. We're going to Miami! Hang out with us for real in Miami this April—on a yacht! This will be the only official Being Boss Vacation of 2016. But hurry! Space is limited and these boss vacations sell out fast. Sign up here.
4. Being Boss has a Facebook group! So much valuable conversation and connection is happening over there: Join us to talk about which investments you're making/planning on making in your business over there!
5. If you like Being Boss please rate & review us on iTunes – it helps us connect with more bosses to grow our amazing community!
6. Check out our Being Boss Bundle today! It's a combination of Kathleen's DIY Coaching for Creatives email subscription and Emily's Get Your Shit Together email subscription including all of our best tips, tactics, and worksheets straight to your inbox!
7. Join the fun in the next #beingbosschat on Twitter! We're chatting from @EmilyM_Thompson on Wednesday, March 2nd at 6pm CST.
Topics discussed in this episode:
-Supporting diversity and other small businesses through your business
-Parallels between getting in shape and starting a business
-Applying lessons you learn in business and fitness to every part of your life
-Shame and energy
-How fitness influences the rest of your life
-Investing time in the process
-Breaking down goals while being committed to the progress
-The importance of rest while not making excuses
-Practical fitness and wellness tips for creative entrepreneurs
"As long as I live authentically and just breathe that into the business, then I do well." -Jason Harrison on #beingbosspodcast
"People feel better when they're active. When you feel better, you think better and you work better." -Jason Harrison on #beingbosspodcast
"The two most important questions to ask in fitness are: How do I feel? and Why am I doing that?" -Jason Harrison on #beingbosspodcast
Resources discussed in this episode:
Being Boss Episode #57: I Will Teach You to Be Rich with Ramit Sethi
How to squat
More from Kathleen:
Free Braid ebook: 7 Ways Designers Become (& Brand Themselves As) Creative Experts
And Kathleen (personal blog)
The Braid Method Branding ECourse
DIY Coaching for Creatives
More from Emily:
Emily M. Thompson (personal blog)
Toolkits: a subscription service of guidance & tools to help you run your business like a boss, delivered straight to your inbox
free Online Business Webinar Series
Indie Tactics newsletter: free exclusive biz tips and tricks